Home / Info / People / Bells / History / Archives / News / Peals / Quarters / Resources / Gallery / Links / Sitemap / Members


Bells

Photo: Bell pic 2
  In 1878 the original peal of 8 bells (tenor about 15cwt), by James Barwell, of Birmingham,  was presented to the new Ranmoor Church by William Smith Esq. of Fulwood and Hallamshire Works Sheffield.

  In 1934 these 8 bells were recast, two trebles added, and a new frame and ringing gear installed by Gillett and Johnston, bell founders and clockmakers of Croydon. The new tenor weighs 16cwt-1qtr-5lb, in  the key of "F". Money for this work was raised by subscription from the parishioners. 

  No further major work was done on the bells until the refurbishment of 1992 when the fittings, (bearings and pullies) were renovated by John Taylor & Co. of Loughborough, the local band supplying the labour.
Photo: Bell Installation 1934
 
Further Details of the Bells
Photos of the Bells
Go back to Homepage